Senior Consultant, Transforming Lives with Technology Portfolio Manager, Dell Giving Competitive salary United States or United Kingdom preferred
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can-t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Portfolio Manager on our Dell Giving team. There are limitless possibilities when we apply our scale, portfolio, and partners to solve complex societal challenges. We aim to harness the power of technology in creating a future that is capable of fully realizing human potential. To achieve this opportunity,
you need to combine impressive tech knowledge with a deep understanding of the people and the communities in which we live and work. The Transforming Lives with Technology Portfolio leader will be focused on directing a portfolio of investments and partnerships that will utilize our technology (existing and emerging) to tackle global challenges that impact millions. To maximize impact, they will evaluate social and business opportunities to define and optimize the portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, social demographics, market trends, new technology, customer business issues, public policy, and the competitive environment. Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, vision, and operational direction to help develop and execute Dell-s Transforming Lives with Technology strategy.
- Applies broad knowledge of company's product capabilities and service offerings to create and expand the portfolio of products and solution alternatives to maximize social as well as business impact.
- Strong technical and business acumen and ability to understand the fundamentals of technology trends, market economics, opportunities, and global business objectives.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with senior level business leaders across the business units, functions, and with key strategic partners.
- Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads (social) business case for optimization of existing products/solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new products.
Manages product portfolio and solutions roadmap and works to scope opportunities and obtain appropriate funding and resources for new programs.
Lead measurement/evaluation process to assess impact of efforts, and innovations versus business plan and anticipated social return on investment.
- Passion for maximizing social impact and the leverage of Dell Technology's intellectual property and scale to achieve substantial outcomes.
- Internally and externally communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections, and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Anticipates business, social, and industry issues; recommends product, process, or service improvements
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team-based (matrix) environment and execute upon agreed global strategy. Collaborates with other portfolio/product managers, BU Leaders, and Engineering/ R&D leaders to align product strategies into comprehensive portfolios to maximize overall social impact
- Identifies and resolves unique situations of substantial significance, requiring conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions to complex problems with broad impact on
the business and society
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor-s degree; or equivalent experience
- Technical degree preferred.
- 12+ years with a Master-s degree; or 8+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of product development process, emerging technology, design thinking, customer care, sales and all of their application into vertical markets (e.g. education and health)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you-re inspired to shape the next generation of technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here